As finals week quickly approaches, here are some helpful hints to tackle this stressful time!
LIBRARY HOURS (12/4-12/11)
King Library: 24 hours
BEST Library: 7:30AM-2AM [weekdays], 9AM-2AM [weekends]
Art and Architecture Library: 8AM-11PM [weekdays], 12PM-6PM [Saturday], 12PM-11PM [Sunday]
AMOS Music Library: 8AM-11PM [weekdays], 1PM-5PM [Saturday], 1PM-11PM [Sunday]
Remember that there are also study rooms that you can reserve at all of the libraries:
1. Make a to-do list to help plan out the remaining days left in the semester.
2. Stay Active. Exercise boosts blood flow to the brain, and sitting in one place for an extended period of time can lead to a tired, ill-supplied mind.
3. Don’t pull all-nighters! Fatigued brains do not retain information, nor do they recall it well. There are effective ways to study in the last weeks of the semester, but adhering to a reasonable sleep schedule is the key to their effectiveness.
4. Stay healthy! Drink plenty of water and try to eat balanced meals.
5. Relax. Keep your stress levels low. It’s good that you worry about your finals, but don’t let stress and anxiety take over you. Complete all your work and try and finish it all up early. The better you distribute your tasks during the weeks before final exams, the better you will understand the material.
Good luck and happy studying!